A welcome from the Head
Dear Parents and Carers,
The staff, children and Governors welcome you most warmly to Misson Primary School, where we take great pride in our small, family oriented school. We work in close partnership with parents and carers to ensure that all children make the most of their time with us. We have high but realistic expectations. We want our children to enjoy school, to develop enthusiasm and a love of learning that will carry them through all of the stages of their education. Our aim is to extend and support all children and help them to achieve their full potential.
I hope that this website will provide you with a broad view of the vision and aims of Misson Primary School, but if you would like to find out more about us then I would be pleased for you to come and visit.
I look forward to having the opportunity to share with you the early years of your child’ s learning journey..
Vision and Aims
At Misson Primary School we believe that every child already has their wings and we pride ourselves on helping each child to learn how to fly. We are a happy and caring learning community with high expectations, a safe, family centred nurturing environment and an exciting and challenging curriculum. We strive to give our children the knowledge and skills they need for lifelong learning so that they develop resilience, independence and self-belief to be the best they can be throughout every stage of their school life and the wider world.
As a whole school family, the pupils, staff, parents and Governors believe that the most effective way to prepare our children for Misson school life and the future is to:
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum to inspire children to become motivated and aspirational learners who can succeed in life;
- create a culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and safe to take risks and solve problems critically and collaboratively without fear;
- educate and support the whole child by providing opportunities to develop emotional understanding and perseverance to be the best they can be.
- have respect for themselves and each other, show empathy, kindness and act appropriately;
- be inclusive and accepting of others and committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers;
- recognise the importance of building strong and caring partnerships between staff, pupils, parents, Governors and the wider community and provide a welcoming and open door policy where contributions are valued;
- have pride in our school, celebrating success and achievement for all.
Above all, Misson Primary School is a school that children really want to come to and who leave as positive and confident young people well prepared emotionally and academically for life in Britain today.